Houndstooth Daze

Thursday, 22 January 2015

Can we all just take a minute to appreciate how gorgeous my new coat is?

Yep, it's perfect. I picked it up a few weeks ago and I've been wearing it a lot. I was a little worried the pattern would make it too much of a statement, but considering I wear a lot of all black outfits it works pretty well. I've been really liking anything houndstooth recently, and there's been so much of it in the shops, is this part of the sixties revival trend that is happening? I've been searching for a good houndstooth skirt for a few years now with no luck, so maybe this will be the season I finally find the one I've been looking for. Who knows, maybe I'll even push the boat out a bit and sew my own, putting those fancy fashion design skills I learn all day to good use.

Speaking of university, it's good to be back after the winter break, although I would like to apologise for my less than perfect photos. Finding space in my little tiny flat in the city is rather difficult! I've been so busy with coursework, there's always something else that needs to be done. Currently I'm designing a pair of jeans. It's far more difficult than you would think, the main problem being that they are such a classic style it can be daunting to do something that challenges that too much. I've found a direction that I am really excited about though, so I'm hoping I'll have an end result that I'm happy with. Hopefully once every things finished I'll be able to wear them myself, so you never know, they might be appearing on here soon!


Coat: Zara, Knitted Top: BHS, Leggings: Zara,  Boots: Zara, Bag: Alexander McQueen

*I'd also mention my very lovely new boots but as I've recently become the newest member of the knee-high boots fan club, I'll wait and do an entire post all about that!*



5 comments:

  1. I just love that coat, such an amazing piece x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so pretty! I really like your coat!
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspo.pt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! The simple styles are the best styles <3

    http://marygolife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. In love with the black and white coat, love the rest of the outfits too! x http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete