The Maxi Skirt And I

Friday, 22 August 2014


Top: Topshop, Skirt: M&S, Shoes: Mulberry
I've never owned a maxi skirt before, it was just one of those things that never really appealed. I'm not a huge skirt person anyway so for years I've never really given it a second though, quite content with owning just a few maxi dresses instead. While shopping before I went on holiday though, I had I guess what you could call a eureka moment. I needed to get a maxi skirt. Why? I'm not sure. Do I regret it? Definitely not.

I had been planning on getting a black one, that would have been the sensible option. It goes with a lot, it's easy to wear. No problem. Then, I found this gorgeous red one and I fell in love. Is it the most practical of colours for matching tops with? No. It's pretty limited to black, white and a few other exceptions.  Regardless, I love it all the same and I'm going to be wearing it for summers to come.

P.s. Ten points to whoever can work out the song reference in my title. I've been listening to the soundtrack non-stop recently! Hint: It's a popular musical.

9 comments:

  1. I love the skirt!!! *-*

    http://nunubobomama.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice outfit. :)

    http://reportbyjovana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg stunning outfit!! I love your skirt :) you look gorge! <3

    New post on GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
    GOOGLE + || BLOGLOVIN || FACEBOOK || INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh i love this :)) Have an amazing day!!

    mfashionfreak♥blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great skirt, you look lovely x

    http://www.thestylemma.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/oxblood.html
    Twitter: @thestylemma
    Instagram: @thestylemma
    Facebook: Thestylemma

    ReplyDelete
  6. that red skirt is so elegant! i love the outfit, you look great!

    xx threeblueballoons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the red skirt. Very pretty :)

    www.sunsetdesires.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the color red, its my favorite to wear! You look great. P.S. on a side note, I'm going to be in Scotland this Fall!! AHHH

    http://caitshea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete