Home Comforts

Tuesday, 12 August 2014



An outfit from one of my first days back in the UK. Keeping it casual with one of my favourite pairs of jeans and a top I have been wearing non-stop the last few months. I decided to try tying a shirt around my waist, I feel like it makes the outfit a little more exciting and I love how it looks. I'm definitely going to be trying out this trend a lot more.

I thought I would mix it up a little bit and post a more recent outfit, rather than another batch of photos that I took while I was away. I think I have around five or six more posts lined up, so watch out for them!

I'm heading down to Edinburgh in a few days time for a long weekend, so I'll be spending the next few days finishing unpacking only to be packing again almost immediately. I've been excitedly trying to plan my outfits for my trip and I'm itching to get my leather jacket back out. Here's hoping it's going to be a little colder this weekend so I can take it with me.

(Is this the first time I've ever wished for it to be colder? Yes, I think so. What is happening to me?!..)

Top: Topshop, Shirt: Republic Clothing, Jeans:  Zara, Shoes: Gabor

21 comments:

  1. Love this simple look! My favorite styling trick right now is tying a shirt around my waist, and you've perfected it here! Love the mules too!
    xx
    Meg

    http://www.struttinginskinnies.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this laid-back look! Looks so effortless!

    xo Jen
    Skirt The Rules

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tank, this look is gorgeous !

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice outfit. It looks very comfy :)

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos and outfit! It's so simple but looks amazing on you I especially love the top! Abi :) myw0rldmyview.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great casual, comfy and stylish look!
    http://www.kurcinshouse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the shirt ! :)

    saralookbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love this outfit!! Causal yet chic and stylish ;) I especially love your top and wrap around shirt :)

    New post on GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
    FACEBOOK || BLOGLOVIN || INSTAGRAM || G +

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have been LOVING the whole "tie it around my waist" thing- it's such a small detail but adds so much to the look! And have fun on your mini weekend gettaway- though i don't envy all the packing/unpacking ;)

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous outfit - love the casual look!!! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the shirt tied around the waist as well (it's like a makeshift belt!) Also, the gray muscle shirt is so casual yet the outfit in entirely is super chic.

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you're gorgeous! And you styled this outfit perfectly. I just followed, you have a lovely blog x

    Lagerfeld Love

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable simple outfit! You look gorgeous :)

    xo www.inventedromance.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  14. no fuss, casual and chic!! i'd totally wear this too!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the simple and casual outfit! Great post!

    http://theperksofmeg.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this no fuss yet super stylish look!

    x

    mademoiselleconomist.blogspot.com |Intelligizing fashion|

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the simplicity of the look!

    http://lepetitstripes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete