Style Spotlight #1 - Colourful Mini Bags

Saturday, 5 April 2014

I'm a big fan of coloured handbags as I wear lots of black and white and having a coloured handbag stops everything from looking too drab. I've recently been enjoying using much smaller cross body bags and a smaller coloured bag is something that my collection lacks.

I think they are so on trend at the moment as they would look great paired with wide legged trousers or any sport luxe style outfit. Black tailored joggers, with a plain white top and a bright yellow or green bag. Or maybe even pastel?

Here are some of my favourites:




















1. Kate Spade 'Cedar Street - Magnolia' Cross Body Bag in Vivid Yellow
     I love the neon yellow colour, the simple style of the bag helps to calm it down a little but this bag is a definite statement if you are brave enough to pull it off.

2. Rebecca Minkoff 'Hudson Mini Moto' Cross Body Bag in Minty
     I have completely fallen in love with this bag. It is probably my favourite here. The colour is so perfect and I can see this becoming the newest addition to my wardrobe.

3. Rebecca Minkoff 'Hudson Mini Moto' Cross Body Bag in Neon Pink
     The same bag as above but in pink. I love the style of this as it could be both dressed up or dressed down for a more casual look.

4. Michel Kors 'Bedford' Cross Body Bag in Fuchsia
     A slightly more rounded style for a more casual look, the fuchsia colour is gorgeous but I also have my eye on 'Mandarin', a perfect tangerine red.

5. Coach 'Bleecker Mini Riley' Cross Body Bag in Love Red and Acid Green
     My second favourite on the list. I love the style of this and the combination of different coloured leathers. The two colours I've shown here would look great with so many outfit! This is also available in 'Grey Birch' which would look great in winter.

6. Rebecca Minkoff 'Mini Mac' Cross Body Bag in Marigold
     A classic bag with a twist. I love how fresh this looks in yellow, very different to the black and brown that is seen everywhere.

7. DKNY 'Tribeca' Cross Body Bag in Blue
     I think this colour of blue is perfect for introducing a little bit of colour to your wardrobe without being too bold. This could be a statement when worn with monotone or contrasting colours, or very subtle if worn with blue jeans.

8. Rebecca Minkoff 'Marlowe Mini Colorblock' in Taupe Multi
     Why only go for one colour? Why not get a bag with four colours? I love the envelope style of this bag and the colorblocking makes it very eye-catching. It would look good with such a wide variety of outfits.




4 comments: